Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A Portrait

I usually tend to dislike photos taken of me. They never look like me. I mean, yeah, the eye color is the same, but the eyes are usually scrunched up in a silly face because I find looking straight into the lens, really looking into the lens,somewhat uncomfortable.

I'm not sure why. I was actually thinking about this last night. I don't know why I can't just stand there and let someone take a picture of me without feeling awkward or stoic. Smiling usually helps, but then, I don't walk around smiling like that all of the time, so looking at hundreds of pictures of yourself, not in a moment, or a pause, but in a strategic smile and stance is disapointing.

When I die, these are the pictures my grandchildren, and great grandchildren will have to look at. Me, standing with one foot slightly in front of the other, smiling, and on occasion making a weird face.

So I took a portrait yesterday (which is really a series of pictures).


























































1 comment: