Sunday, May 22, 2011

To You

Verse: I've got you always in my back pocket
And I keep you safe and warm inside and old, gold locket.
And I've been writing down all you're ganna be,
And I keep wonderin', wonderin' if you think of me(2X)

Verse: And I remember all the days we haven't had
And I remember all the times that you've been sad
And I remember all you wanted to be,
And I keep wonderin', wonderin' if you remember me(2x)

Verse: I always hope that you will love me sweet,
And find out all the things that noone else can see,
And I hope that you'll forgive easily
And I keep wonderin', wonderin', if you hope for me(2x)

Verse: And I already love the man that you are,
Every crack and bruise and old battle scar,
But what I love most is that you could love me,
And I keep wonderin', wonderin' when that's ganna be(2x)

Bridge: Every morning with the rising of the sun,
I am hoping that this day you'll come, oh,
And wake me, and wake me, and wake me up
(2x)
you wake me up,you wake me up.




I always feel a little awkward writing love songs. I don't know how music artist do it all of the time. You know that feeling you have when you dream you went to school with your homework, and shoes, and back pack, but you kind of left your clothes at home (unless you've done this is real life...). That's what writing love songs feels like to me. It's like I showed up with a guitar and no clothes.

I considered leaving it "untitled" but since it's anonymous, I figured "To You" would suffice since it wasn't written to anyone in particular, other than the anonymous person I do not know yet...haha. So this is to you, whoever "you" are.


No comments:

Post a Comment