Sunday, June 5, 2011

Dakota Skye

If you haven't watched Dakota Skye, it's one of those teen life, indepedent movies. But I like those kind a lot. Anyway, here's the opening scene, and some of the next. It's a good read.

[Cigarette lighter flicks]
JONAH: I still
have the dream sometimes.

I do. I come home from the store
and find you on my doorstep

with a suitcase.

And not your entire wardrobe.

Just a carry-on, a duffel bag.

We don't say anything,

but you have this look
in your eye that kills me.

It just...

And I unlock the door and let you in.

And that's it.
That's the dream.

When I wake up, I wake up happy...

...vibrating for a few seconds
with my head in the sand...

...content.
[Sighs]

Then it goes away, and you go away.

I really don't want
to get out of bed then

because it's cold out there,

but I do.

I get up.
Life goes on.
[Exhales]

Most days you never
even cross my mind.

DAKOTA:Tell me that you love me.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
My name is Dakota Skye.

I'm 18 years old,
only medium-cute,

and I have a superpower.

I can't fly,
I can't turn invisible,

and I'm pretty sure that a bullet
would make me good and dead.

I don't have x-ray vision, either.

Well, not exactly.

The fact is I am
incapable of being lied to.

When someone tells a lie, any lie,
to me, to anyone, I know the truth,
what they really mean,

so there are no lies in my world,

or there are nothing but.

No comments:

Post a Comment